Sunday 10 February 2019

GYPROCING AND THE LIKE!

Now that the walls are all up and the plan has been established - after many changes and alterations - I am just about ready to install all the gyproc. The old man and myself have installed as much insulation as we can muster between batts that were laying around the property and apart from the attic space - which is easily accessible - I think we have her to an acceptable level including new vapour barrier. Hell it may even be better insulated than the main house itself Dad says.

The remaining insulated tiles are laid and the locations of all the outlets and the switching have been marked. Many night I will sit out here in one of my Wassily chairs and make sure I am putting everything in as I want it to be. Little details like nib walls that though don;t line up with adjacent walls are done for a reason - like creating the starting point for high-up book shelves. And finally it looks as if the design for the kitchen units are where I want them to be. IKEA is a blessing - wish there was one nearer. For a grand I am getting pretty near a kitchen of  my dreams - well that may be an exaggeration but it is not far off. Just take a look and tell me what you think.



Now that the plaster board has all been put in place I sat down in my teenie weenie office and looking into my teenie weenie bathroom - well not so teenie really, It has a shower, a shitter and and a small sink. . . .  and a closet for my limited wardrobe. But for me it is not the bathroom that I really want. The plan was to floor it with my 12" x 18" porcelain tiles and then slate the walls of the shower but as I looked at the laminate floor I brought in from the shed to acclimatize to the space I said not - its gotta be reversed - slate on the floor and porcelain on the walls. There change approved but there is something else I want as well.

I have never like the idea of building curbs to showers. I have always like either a shower room or stepping down into the shower and up out of it. So what do I do? I build up the floor another 3 inches, Once that was done - minus the 3' x 3' area of the shower - then it was to work laying the insulating mat for the underfloor heating - something I said I would not do without, Once screed and laced it was thin-setting and placing the slate tiles on the bathroom floor. And taking the little evaluation and assessing the change of materials location I am happy with the choice.

Then it was on to re-aligning a few walls, making sure every things was securely screwed down, it was on to priming the floor in the entry hall, thinsetting and laying the full tiles in that area and then once set, myself and dad started on laying the smoke grey laminate flooring for the main living area. Now I am startign to see the finished product. Things are starting to shape up and come into place. BUT one thing is coming up that I am not looking forward to - PLASTERING. How can I get around this bloody pain in the arse job!

No comments:

Post a Comment